The Campaign for Southern Equality (CSE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and is incorporated in North Carolina.
All grants and donations to CSE are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Our Federal Tax Identification number is 27-4064401. Below you can learn more about CSE’s finances.
IRS Form 990
Our annual tax forms are available for review:
- Our 2016 Form 990 can be viewed here;
- Our 2015 Form 990 can be viewed here;
- Our 2014 Form 990 can be viewed here;
- Our 2013 Form 990 can be viewed here;
- Our 2012 Form 990 can be viewed here;
- Our 2011 Form 990 (our first year) can be viewed here.
How CSE is Funded
CSE is a 501(c)(3) organization which launched in 2011. CSE uses a campaign model, which involves keeping overhead costs low and maintaining a lean, nimble structure. We fund our work from sources including:
- individual donations;
- in kind donations and pro bono services; and
- foundation grants.
We are very grateful to the individuals, faith communities, foundations, community partners and law firms that have provided funding, pro bono services and in-kind donations to make our work possible. If you have questions about CSE’s fundraising or finances, please feel free to reach out to executive director, Jasmine Beach-Ferrara (jasmine[at]southernequality.org].