Launched in 2011, the Campaign for Southern Equality (CSE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and is incorporated in North Carolina.
All grants and donations to CSE are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Our Federal Tax Identification number is 27-4064401. Below you can learn more about CSE’s finances. View the IRS letter confirming our 501(c)(3) status here.
IRS Form 990
- 2016 Form 990 can be viewed here;
- 2015 Form 990 can be viewed here;
- 2014 Form 990 can be viewed here;
- 2013 Form 990 can be viewed here;
- 2012 Form 990 can be viewed here;
- 2011 Form 990 (our first year) can be viewed here.
How CSE is Funded
CSE uses a campaign model, which involves keeping overhead costs low and maintaining a lean, nimble structure. We fund our work from:
- individual and business donations;
- in-kind donations and pro bono services;
- foundation grants; and
- earned revenue.
We are very grateful to the individuals, faith communities, foundations, community partners and law firms that provide funding and support to make our work possible. If you have questions about CSE’s fundraising or finances, please feel free to reach out to Executive Director, Jasmine Beach-Ferrara.