The Campaign for Southern Equality (CSE) seeks a Bilingual Communications Consultant. As part of our equity work, CSE uses language access practices across our work for in-person and virtual events and for documents ranging from reports to our grassroots grantmaking application. This consulting role includes coordinating language access services, including: providing interpretation and translation services for CSE programming; coordinating outsourced interpretation and translation services when additional capacity is required; being a liaison to individuals and community groups as they connect with CSE’s work; and working with CSE staff team and community partners to identify new opportunities for language access and language justice work. This consulting role will involve an average of 10 hours/month. We are seeking an individual and/or firm to fill this consulting role. Qualified candidates will possess:
- Significant experience providing and coordinating interpretation and translation services;
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to develop resources for other languages as needed;
- Passion for social justice and equity work in the South;
- Fluency in working with the community CSE serves across the South, including individuals and communities diverse in race, age, gender, sexual orientation, class, language, educational background and immigration status. This also includes helping to educate people about language access and language justice practices;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Sense of humor, creativity and flexibility; and
- Comfort with using and maintaining interpretation equipment.
Location: This role can be completed remotely with periodic travel to attend in-person CSE events across the South.
To apply: We’re excited to hear from interested individuals and/or firms. Please submit cover letter (including hourly rate) and resume or CV to Jasmine Beach-Ferrara, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Campaign for Southern Equality: Based in Asheville, NC, the Campaign for Southern Equality promotes full LGBTQ equality – both legal and lived – across the South. Our work is rooted in commitments to empathy and equity in race, class and gender. We’re working to build a South where LGBTQ people are equal in every sphere of life and where all of us can thrive. Learn more at www.southernequality.org.