Thanks for your interest in working with the Campaign for Southern Equality. There is one current job opening. If you’re interested in working with us – as an intern or fellow, consultant, or staff member – feel free to reach out to Jasmine Beach-Ferrara, Executive Director, to share your interests and your resume.
Current Opening: Digital Communications Consultant
The Digital Communications Consultant will assist the Communications Director in developing email, blog, social, and earned media content for the Campaign for Southern Equality and our work toward lived and legal equality for all LGBTQ Southerners. This position is writing-intensive and will require writing for a range of audiences, from LGBTQ advocates and donors to lawmakers and Southerners across the political spectrum.
- Monitor the political and LGBTQ-specific landscape across the South and quickly develop written copy that succinctly, concisely, and clearly explains breaking news and developments.
- Conceptualize, draft, and send powerful advocacy emails to the CSE list that mobilize our supporters to participate in advocacy actions and donate to the organization.
- Identify content to share on social media, draft copy, and execute distribution of these posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Work with LGBTQ people and allies to draft editorials, advocacy emails, or online stories to illustrate the needs and experiences of LGBTQ Southerners.
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms and comfort with executing and scheduling posts
- Experience with LGBTQ and political issues
- Willingness to learn about people’s stories and write copy about them or in their voice
- Attention to visual elements of social media and ability to identify graphic needs
- Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp preferred
- Strong email communication skills
- Ability to work remotely
Flexible, but ASAP
10-15 hours/week, with flexibility as to specific work schedule – the hours could be completed all on 1-2 days/week or spread throughout the week.
The position will report to CSE’s Communications Director
To apply, please email a cover letter that includes your hourly rates or fee structure as well as a resume/CV and a work sample. Please email Adam Polaski at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Digital Communications Consultant.”