Thank you so much for your interest in applying to be a Survey Ambassador for the Campaign for Southern Equality! The application is now closed.
This role involved spreading the word about the Survey of Southern LGBTQ+ Experiences to ensure that this survey tells the story of as many LGBTQ+ people as possible. The more people we reach, the better our community will have a fuller and more diverse understanding of the needs and priorities of the Southern LGBTQ+ community.
Being a Survey Ambassador entails promoting the survey to your friends, community, and networks. You can do this through in person conversations, sharing flyers at events and in community spaces, and posting about the survey on social media.
We estimate this role will involve approximately 10 hours of outreach, and you would be paid a stipend of $150 by the end of 2021.
Check out some FAQs below, then use the form to apply, and we’ll be in touch soon.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Survey Ambassador Role
What is the Survey of Southern LGBTQ+ Experiences?
The survey is a project of the Campaign for Southern Equality. We want to learn more about the lived experiences of LGBTQ+ Southerners to better serve their needs in future projects at Campaign for Southern Equality. Any LGBTQ+ Southerner who is 18 years or older may participate in the survey.
Why are we doing this?
The South is a unique region and we want to ensure that the range of experiences and needs here are being served by advocates, organizers, and policymakers. The best way to do that is to collect accurate data reflecting the reality of LGBTQ+ life in the South.
- Be living in one of the 13 Southern states (AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV)
- Have connections with networks of LGBTQ people (ages 18 and above)
- Be self-motivated and self-directed in outreach about the Survey
- Be comfortable sharing a photo and short bio with the Campaign for Southern Equality for promotion of the Survey
- LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
What are the details of this position?
Effective ambassadors will reach out to their networks to spread the word about the survey and encourage participation. By the end of 2021, you will be paid a stipend of $150. To receive payment you would submit a short report with the following information:
- Whether you’d like to receive the stipend through Venmo, Paypal, or as a physical check, and the details we’ll need to process the stipend (your email or phone number, your name as it should appear on the check, and/or your address to mail the check to)
- A few sentences detailing your outreach efforts, including information about specific communities or networks you reached out to
- Which outreach efforts were most and least effective
- Any advice you would give future survey ambassadors
How will CSE support me through the ambassador position?
Our team will provide coaching, support, and promotional materials to all Ambassadors, including the following:
- Links to the survey in English and Spanish
- Survey graphics
- Survey flyers (which can be mailed to you or printed by you)
- QR cards with survey links
- We can also mail you hard copies of the survey itself if you would like to distribute these in person and mail them back to us
- We can work with you to make a personalized promotional graphic. This would involve you sharing a high resolution photo and a one-sentence quote about why you think the survey is important
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)